Buying your first house is one of the biggest decisions of your life. Being first time home buyers puts you in a unique position as you are a desirable to sellers because you have no onward chain and can move on with a sale quickly but then you may not have the knowledge and experience to get the best deal.
I am posting about our experience as first time home buyers and as I write more posts about the process, I will add the links here.
All the views expressed in the blog are my own, and although I post these links to inform, they do not take the place of advice from an appropriate professional.
If there is a topic here that I haven’t covered, please let me know.
Before you even start viewing properties
- Are you ready to buy a house? Six questions you need to ask yourself
- Should you rent or buy? The emotion behind owning a home
- How are you saving your house deposit?
- Considering where to live
During the viewing process
- The difference between freehold and leasehold
- What is an Agreement in Principle?
- Making an offer that will be accepted